Application for the Affiliate Referral Program offered by Zarifa's Touch of Egypt acknowledges your full understanding of, and agreement to, the function of the program and the terms of service defined by this document. It is in your best interest to fully read and comprehend how the program works, the rules and guidelines, and to return to this document often. Zarifa's Touch of Egypt reserves the right to update these terms at any time, without notice.
Acceptance of this Terms of Service agreement also acknowledges understanding and acceptance of the general Site Terms of Service agreement.
Throughout this document, "the program" refers to an affiliate referral program located on Zarifas.com by which you can earn commission on every referral that results in a sale, and the sale does not suffer from item returns or charge backs within a predetermined amount of time. As of the draft of this T.O.S., you may earn 10% on any referral that results in a sale, but will not receive payment until a) the sale is 30 days or older, and b) you have accrued a minimum of $50.00 in commissions credits.
Upon joining the program, you will receive a unique affiliate ID which will allow this web site to track and record your commissions. You earn commissions by either a) having the customer enter the affiliate ID into the field provided on final checkout, or b) crafting a link on your web site, blog, Facebook page, or other social networking page. See program documentation for details.
All affiliate program applications must be approved by Zarifa's Touch of Egypt before the affiliate account will be made live. Once live, you may log in you your Affiliate Control Panel located on this web site to review sales, payments, and update your account information.
Each time a customer makes a sale that properly registers your affiliate ID or a payment is issued to your account, you will receive an automatic email notification of the sale or payment. Although Zarifa's will never automate emails to promote this site, as a member of this program you may receive important program updates via email. You may not opt out of these notifications; acceptance of this Terms of Service Agreement acknowledges that you may receive periodic email notifications of updates to this program and email notifications of sales and payments credited to your account. Zarifa's Touch of Egypt will never use these notifications for any other purpose, nor will your information be distributed or sold to any third party.
By acceptance of this agreement, you agree to join the program under the following conditions:
- U.S. Residents Only: Due to tax and other legal liabilities, this program is offered to U.S. residents only.
- Legal Adults Only: Due to tax and other legal liabilities, you must be 18 years or older to qualify for the program.
- Identity Verification: By applying to this program, you understand that you will receive a phone call to verify your age and identity. This call will NOT include any up sells or marketing pitch, it will be to verify your identity only. Zarifa's Touch of Egypt reserves the right to deny any application in which the applicant's identity or age cannot be verified.
- Web Site Purchases Only: Affiliates only receive credits for referrals resulting through purchases on this web site. Verbal referrals or referrals resulting in sales at the physical store are not eligible for this program.
- Terms of Credit and Payment: Your referrals resulting in sales are eligible for payment under the following conditions:
- A referral that results in a sale is entered into your account as a "credit" for the amount of 10% of the subtotal and does not include shipping charges.
- To reduce abuse of this program via item returns and charge backs, your commission is not eligible for payment until the purchase is 30 days or older. Although charge backs can be issued up to a year after a sale, this is sufficient time to investigate the sale to determine if the sale is questionable.
- To reduce administrative tasks, your account must accrue commissions totalling $50.00 or more, and are composed of sales that have matured beyond the 30 day waiting period, to receive payment.
- Your commissions do not expire. Commissions stay within your account until the termination of this program and roll over until you have accrued sufficient funds to receive a payment.
- You may select payPal or check for method of payment, and may change the method of payment at any time from your Affiliate Control Panel without penalty. If you select payPal, be sure the email address you register with this program is one of the email addresses registered in your payPal account. Zarifa's will not issue payments to an alternative email address, no exceptions.
- Return and Charge Back Liability: Should an adjustment be required on any order placed using your affiliate id, either by charge back, item return, or both, in part or in whole, the entry for your commission will be adjusted accordingly. While you will not be billed for any negative balance, you must acquire sufficient commission credits to bring your account up to date to begin receiving further payments. This clause applies both in conjunction with and independent of the 30 day maturity of the sales.
- Direct Referrals: You may publish or distribute your affiliate ID in any way you see fit, instructing the potential customer to enter the affiliate ID in the appropriate form field at final checkout. See program documentation.
- Link Referrals: You may craft a link to the main products catalog page or any of the category or product pages within the catalog. See program documentation.
- Nofollow/Noindex Prohibited: Any affiliates publishing links containing the nofollow or noindex attribute will be terminated from the program without warning. The exceptions to this rule, at the discretion of Zarifa's, are links posted in social networking sites where you have no control over the link attribute.
- Logging Referral Links: Participation in this program acknowledges that incoming links containing your affiliate ID will be logged and tracked for internal purposes only: to identify program abuse and measure program effectiveness. These statistics will not be published, distributed, or sold to any third party, for any reason, nor does participation in this program allow you access to these statistics.
- Link Referrals Valid in Product Pages Only: If you use the link referral method, you MUST link to product pages ONLY. Links to static pages, such as the main page, events pages, or any other static page, will NOT be tracked throughout the site. This has no bearing on direct referrals.
- Content and Image Duplication Strictly Forbidden: Although you are provided full license to craft web pages and descriptions to compel your visitors to purchase from Zarifa's Touch of Egypt, you are strictly forbidden from directly copying text or images from this web site and publishing them on your web site, blog, or social networking page. The only exception is the publication of the Zarifa's Touch of Egypt Logo; you may copy the logo with the registered trademark intact and publish it on your site. Contact us if you cannot locate a copy of the logo on this web site that is suitable for your purpose.
- Hotlinking Strictly Forbidden: You may not link directly to any images or Flash objects from this web site.
- Framing or Content Inclusion Forbidden: You are not allowed to directly include any pages, images, or other resources from this web site in your own via frames, iframes, Ajax, or other methods of capturing external content.
- Automated Processes: Affiliates using automated processes targeting this affiliate program will be terminated without warning.
- Customer Eligibility: As a customer of Zarifa's Touch of Egypt, you are encouraged to join the program prior to completing your purchase and invite colleagues to use your affiliate ID to make purchases on Zarifas.com. You are invited to use your own affiliate ID on your own purchases, which is in effect a discount on your purchase that you will receive once you have accrued sufficient funds to issue a payment (see 5.3 above.) You will only receive credit for your purchase on approval of your application.
- Retroactive Credit Ineligibility: Credits for this program are not retroactive and apply only to sales completed after joining the program. Purchases made prior to joining the program are not eligible for program credits.
- Support: Support for this program is not available via phone or direct email response. Support issues are limited to, and will receive responses, only via the contact page on this site.
- FFA and Advertising Sites Strictly Forbidden: Affiliate accounts that publish links to this program on FFA ("Free For All") link sites, ad-only sites, FFA link directories, and other sites without genuine content or purpose will be immediately terminated.
- Right to Terminate: By acceptance of this agreement, you acknowledge that Zarifa's Touch of Egypt reserves the right to disable or terminate any affiliate account at any time, and holds no responsibility to issue payments on commissions for terminated accounts, nor responsibility to provide reasons for the termination.
- Disclaimer of Warranty: This program, and all services offered herein, are presented "as is" and include no warranty as to fitness for a given purpose, reliability or performance of our services or the server upon which it is hosted, or warranties on any of the services, products, or information you may find.
- Limitation of Liability: You agree that Zarifa's Touch of Egypt will not be held liable for pending commissions in the event of a) catastrophic failures resulting in data loss, b) programmatic errors or system faults resulting in lost commissions, c) customer environments or problems out of our control that result in failures to record your referrals, d) termination of this program, or e) any unforseen circumstances out of our control resulting in loss of your commissions.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL ZARIFAS.COM OR ITS OWNERS BE LIABLE TO ANY VISITOR OR CUSTOMER FOR ANY DAMAGES, WHETHER INCIDENTAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL, ARISING FROM CASUAL USE OF OR PRODUCT PURCHASE FROM THIS SITE, NOR FROM INTERRUPTION OF SERVICES, NOR FROM MALICIOUS VIRII, ADWARE, SPYWARE, OR OTHER SOFTWARE PROPAGATED BY ANY OF ITS VISITORS, NOR FOR DEFAMATION OF ANY PERSON OR GROUP AS A RESULT OF ANY CONTENT ON THIS SITE. SUCH LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE FROM CASUAL USE OR ARBITRARY MISUSE OF THIS SITE, OR FROM INTRUSION VIA ILLEGAL ACCESS. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ZARIFAS.COM OR ITS OWNERS BE HELD LIABLE FOR LOSS OF SERVICE DUE TO ANY UNFORSEEN DISASTER OR INTERRUPTION OF ANY SERVICE UPON WHICH THIS WEBSITE RELIES.
Zarifa's reserves the right to change this policy at any time without notice; it is in your best interest to revisit this page often to remain updated on any alterations to the policies set forth on this page.
Last Modified January 19, 2010 5:00 PM PST