Zarifa has been gathering articles topical to Egyptian worship and mythology, metaphysics, fairies, and belly dancing. Articles reproduced here are original works or reprinted only by the permission of the original authors. If you have an article to suggest or offer, please contact Zarifa.
- Appreciation, Appropriation, and Exploitation in Ethnic Dance - Shasta Daisy McCarty. Dancer Shasta Daisy McCarty shares some thoughts on the effects of Western culture on this ancient cultural dance.
- Belly Dancing with the Veil - Zarifa. A beginners guide to help you get started handling the veil, pictures and video included.
- How to Choose (or Lose) a Belly Dance Instructor - Shasta Daisy McCarty. Finding the right instructor can be difficult and discouraging; dancer Shasta Daisy McCarty offers some tips on choosing just the right belly dance teacher.
- Planning an Egyptian Feast - Samantha McNesby. Ancinet Egyptians knew how to feast, and Samantha McNesby offers a few tips on how to prepare for the next Wep-renpet or Wagy.
- Women in Ancient Egypt - Samantha McNesby. The women of Ancient Egypt are the unrecognized architects of the Egyptian world, who achieved a level of equality that women would not see again before the modern era.
- Biography of Cleopatra - Samantha McNesby. A story often told, Samantha McNesby offers a terse and complete bigoraphy of one of the greatest Egyptian queens of the Nile.
- REVIEW: East:Meets:West 2008 - Zarifa & Anubis. This year we attended the Fifth Annual East Meets West: Portland's Dark Belly Dance Showcase and it was an amazing show.
- Choosing Your Zills - Zarifa. A few things to consider when choosing a set of zills, including sound samples of various zills.
- Balancing the Belly Dance Sword - Zarifa. Tips on working belly dancing swords into your routine and how to choose a good sword.
- Ancient Egyptian Scarab Beetle - Zarifa. The Egyptian Scarab is one of the most powerful symbols in Egyptian theology.
- Dealing with the Loss of Faith - deTraci Regula. Very few resources deal with the loss of or decline of personal faith as applied to the New Age and pagan religions and philosophies.
- Healing Stones Chart - Various sources. A simple chart of popular healing stones organized by elemental association and popular application.
- Men and the Worship of Isis - deTraci Regula. The attraction of men for the worship of Isis has existed since early times. While there has always been an abundance of priestesses of Isis, the official temple staff was predominately male, both in Egypt and in the many temples of Isis in the Graeco-Roman world.
- When Isis Throws the Switch - deTraci Regula, author of The Mysteries of Isis and Egyptian Scarab Oracle. Tips to cope with the changes between active work and calm devotion.
If you have an article to suggest or offer, please contact Zarifa.
Zarifa's Touch of Egypt · San Diego, CA 91942 · 619-303-1667 · Contact